Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Staying Motivated?

Who is sticking with their new years goal to get fit? Anyone joining Lily on the 30 DAY AR Challenge?
Check out her video and facebook page daily to know what she is doing to stay on coarse!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sl_1X1-D1A&context=C3cd944fADOEgsToPDskLbzS8fd_9oMs1AbTLFnWIG


For today's challenge, give the BIG BURN Workout a go - here is the link, just paste it into your browser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dw3g0quwrA&feature=plcp&context=C3b28c5fUDOEgsToPDskJ420TsFRnpLj_Ms8vEW-o3
It;s SUPER effective and intense, but short, so rather than thinking too much about it, just get your clothes on and DO IT!

Let me know how it goes!!

AR Fitness Challenge Journal
1.03.2012: I had a long commute home tonight and was NOT up for doing
a workout when I walked through the door.  I was hungry, tired, and
plain and simple, just not motivated to workout.  I have been getting
over being sick which is also taking a lot out of me.  I decided that
I would eat first and workout after I had digested a bit – although in
my mind, the excuses were already starting to form.  I made sure to
have a light dinner so I wouldn't be too full to workout later.  I
ended up having to babysit my nephews and two of the three were still
awake, which required my attention.  Ultimately, I was free to do my
workout.  But what did I do? I sat down to read…anything to avoid this
15 minute workout.  Somehow, I got myself into my workout clothes and
ready mentally.  I knew if I just started, I would be able to do it.
I did the Little Black Dress Workout.  It is a 15 minute workout made
up of 6 exercises.  You do each for 30 seconds.  I didn't use a watch,
but rather did each exercise 15 times except for the exercise with the
pushup - for that I do less reps. This is my favorite of the AR
Program workouts.  I find it goes quickly (only 3 rounds of the
exercises), it isn’t too challenging (don’t get me wrong, it IS
challenging!), yet it feels good and I can feel that it is working my
body to get me leaner and stronger.  Needless to say, I got started
with this workout and was almost through it before I knew it.  Because
I am not exact with doing the reps for 30 seconds, my workout lasted
for about 20 minutes instead of 15.  Kind of funny since I didn't want
to workout in the first place.  I felt great afterwards – mentally and
physically…I accomplished what I set out to do today.  I did the AR
workout, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill earlier in the day (I forced
myself since I bailed on yesterday's 4 mile run), and did three sets
of push ups two times today.  Maybe I wont be able to motivate the way
I did today every day, but for now, I’m just glad I was able to
motivate today! Tomorrow is a whole new day…with a whole new set of
workouts.



Below is a post from Sarah on her progress, this is her day 2 journal - I think we can all identify with her! how are YOU all feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment