Monday, June 6, 2011

TOMORROW it BEGINS!

 Hi

Lovely Ladies!

So it’s official—we begin the first EVER AR-Style bootycamp tomorrow!! I can’t even wait – judging by the sign-up list we have a really good group of women from all levels and backgrounds. I want you to know that NO MATTER what level you are at, this workout will help you achieve your results. From overweight to elite athlete, I believe that the right workout plan does not vary by type of exercise, it varies by INTENSITY!

btw- the picture above is to give us motivation, this is what we're after, feeling and looking HOT in a bikini, by then end, we will BE this picture :)

As for the program: All exercises will have modifications and the idea is to go at YOUR PACE. I want you to challenge yourself, step outside of your comfort zone and train like you mean it. We aren’t women of New York City because we fear challenge, we embrace it in every aspect of our lives. NOW is the time to apply that to your own bodies, I am confident you CAN achieve the physique of your dreams, I am giving you the program, you just need to make the decision to go for it!

HOMEWORK!!!
So if you haven’t already done so, I’m serious about that journal. Take out a notebook tonight and write some goals you want to achieve through the next 5 weeks. They can range from physical, such as newly sculpted arms and abs, to mental and emotional; proving to yourself that you can commit to this, get through a break-up, deal with work stress, etc. Taking time to schedule this important ‘meeting’ for yourself once a week for the next 5 weeks is one of the most important things you can do for yourself, the time is NOW to take control of your body!
Whatever your goals are, write them down.
Goals not in writing are not goals, they are merely wishes or fantasy’s….

What to Bring!!

Water!!—you will need it!
Towel (optional) – but you will be doing exercises on the turf, so it depends whether or not you mind getting full of green turf ☺
Pad of paper and pen! (you will see why)

You are welcome to bring a friend to ‘drop in’ – it’s $25.00 for drop-ins, but you must let me know by noon on Tuesday!

IMPORTANT- please ‘follow’ this online journal blog, since it is where I will be posting all the weekly emails, notes, tips, recipes etc. I also want to hear from all of you, so post your comments, questions and support, this is how we step up to the program and make it a lifelong experience :)


http://thearprogram.blogspot.com

What if it Rains?

I love the rain days believe it or not, I used to hate them, thinking ‘oh no, its not perfect out, people aren’t going to come, or they won’t have fun’. But over the years and through my own training I’ve come to believe that we actually have the BEST time because we are forced to come together during these rainy times. WE all drag each other up and look at one another with these crazy looks, like we can’t believe we’re out there. In a crazy city like Manhattan, I think these moments are special, they push us to be stronger, to not let excuses stand in our way, we made a choice to sign up, now we must make a choice to come. It’s easy to try to cheat our way out, but aim to take the high road this month, to show up and have the BEST possible hour, rain or shine!
There’s Always The Exception: if it’s a thunder/lightning storm, I will not risk your safety and will send an email about cancelling class.

Alright ladies, that’s it for my pre-game day update! Any questions or concerns feel free to let me know, otherwise see you at Pier 46 @Charles St tomorrow at 615PM~~


My cell # is 917.628.5824 – put this in your phone now, you never know what may cause you to get lost etc.

Cheers,


Amanda Russell

Health & Fitness Professional
Founder of Amanda Russell Workouts, LLC
www.amandarussellworkouts.com

2 comments:

  1. hey girls! tonight was AWESOME and challenging...most of all, it was great to see everyone so enthusiastic. and nice work, amanda - you kept us all really motivated. i told amanda i would post some of my goals to get this conversation going. so here we go:

    - hit my personal goal weight...i was really close to this last year. but that was primarily bc i was going through a really bad breakup and working out all the time so i didn't have to think about it as much. i was eating reguarly but i think the stress of everything/lack of sleep really ate away at me. the closest i ever got to the goal was 9 lbs away and it felt awesome but it didn't stick. it's time to make it stick this time

    - get back into my size 6 jeans (a smaller size would be awesome but i'd be happy here)

    - general self confidence

    - come up with a realistic meal plan and stick with it

    - generally feel "tighter" all around

    - target my trouble area (i.e. thighs/butt/lower abs). i don't want to buy bigger clothes just to accommodate these body parts when the rest of me is smaller...my clothes now just don't look right because i'm having to buy bigger sizes

    - i'd love to run a half marathon in the next year

    - take the boot camp workouts to my own gym. i'm always attending a class or running on a treadmill a few days a week but i think it's time to change it up a bit

    alright, so hold me to it ladies...would love to hear your GOALS too :) see you in a few weeks when i'm back from vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Thank you so much for being the first to open up, I know so many of us have similar goals, and we have such a wonderful supportive group of women.
    I love that you want to change it up/step it up - this is the perfect opportunity to do exactly that!
    belly, butt and thighs seems to be the biggest trouble zone, i know for me it tends to be belly, don't worry, throughout the weeks i will show you some great types of workouts to help slim down and tone up these areas!

    Would love to hear from everyone else, what are your goals? Anything you want to really focus on in your workouts?
    any questions about something you want to achieve?

    I'm here to support you every step of the way! We will rock this!

    xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete